Who you are
You are a digital native, proactive problem solver and optimistic about work, who gets involved with the culture of the agency and the people. You are ambitious on progressing your career and willing to step up onto a senior role. You are approachable, helpful, comfortable sharing your knowledge with the wider team and mentoring younger designers.
Collaboration is key. You will work together with the Design Lead, Creative, UX, Technology, Production and Client Services to ensure that development fulfils briefs and your work delivers a delightful customer experience. Ensuring overall quality, creativity and brand integrity is critical.
You lead complex design projects from concept to development. Having a strong work ethic, being passionate, creative, receptive to feedback, effective in managing your time and having a good attention to detail is essential. You approach your work with commercial and client needs in mind and love to win awards for the work you produce.
- Experience leading large scale design projects. Drive those projects to the strongest possible solution.
- Comfortable passing your own knowledge on to junior team members
- Have a strong knowledge of human centered design techniques and approaches.
- Able to communicate clearly and inspire confidence with team-mates and clients whether that’s a design documentation or leading a client presentation.
- Have a strong understanding of client’s businesses.
- Maintain strong relationships with creative, production and client service teams.
- Overall profitability of the design department.
- Being part of the creative department creativity, inspiration and style are your core.
- Ensure that making better whatever you do, is at the forefront of your work ethic.
- Know and understand your client, work within & help develop brand guidelines.
- How you present your work is as important as it’s quality. Take the responsibility for presenting design work internally and to clients (when required), with ability to document and explain design rationale with clarity.
- Working with the Design Lead, research and suggest the most appropriate and latest User Interface and User Experience best practices.
- Keep on top of the digital industry, web standards and new technology.
- Work close together with the technology team.
- Be a supporter, advisor and collaborator to the creative team’s ideation process.
- Ensure all work is up to date, organised and easily accessible on the Digital server.
- Effectively interpret briefs across a wide variety of digital projects. Have the ability to strengthen design briefs and “push back” on timings, feedback, etc. where necessary.
- Work within deadlines and meet production and client services expectations. This means planning the job ahead, communicating in good time what is needed and what’s achievable.
- Work together with the Production and Account Service teams.
- Being ready to work with and alongside clients.
- Ensure work is completed within set time allocations where possible.
- Ensure timesheets are up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Manage time effectively and work closely with Design and Production Leads to ensure the correct time is allocated and recorded.
- Work with Design Lead to ensure Digital Designer hours are being quoted appropriately to maximise profitability.
- Assist in QA testing all Digital projects when required.
- Ensure consistent file versioning and archiving processes are managed and followed.
- Ensure design and creative processes are managed and followed at all times.
- Assist Design Lead in developing interface specs and functionality documents.
- Pro-actively suggest design production strategies (process optimization, efficiencies) to benefit the agency & clients.
- Provide design input into the Digital Design, Creative & Technology vision.
- A Digital Design qualification, preferably a degree.
- 4+ years of experience within agencies working as a digital designer.
- A robust understanding of Digital production.
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite & MS products.
- A robust understanding of HTML / CSS.
- A good understanding of UX / UI design best practices.
- Being part of Saatchi & Saatchi and MercerBell integrated Digital Design team.
- Always remembering the agency brand and the highest professionalism standards.
- Enjoy what you do
Values at Saatchi & Saatchi
‘Love the Work’
— You will have access to the best talent and work Saatchi & Saatchi can Provide.
— You will be surrounded by the best and brightest.
— The chance to put your stamp on great work and an annual salary review.
— The chance to learn and grow to produce the best work at lightning speed.
— Support whenever you need it.
If this sounds like the role for you, then please send through your CV and portfolio to Danny Marston – firstname.lastname@example.org